Tuesday, June 29, 2010

World Cup HOTTIES

I had to do this.

I've watched probably 75% of the games played so far (although I am blogging during the Japan Paraguay match right now, so I don't know if that counts.) But here's WHY I'm doing this: I've always been a soccer kind of girl. I played (not well, I might add) from age 5 to 16. I've dated/had a thing with 5 or 6 soccer players since my freshman year of high school, and all of my steady boyfriends were soccer players. Not intentionally, I think I just must be drawn to them. They're hot. So, even though David Beckham isn't playing in this World Cup, I had to take the time (about 3 hours) and look up each team's roster and look at each individual player and decide HOT or NOT. And that's kind of an exaggeration, because there are LOTS of good looking men that I did not put on my list. Most of them were cute, but not the chiseled sexy or rugged hot that I was going for. And, I admit, a couple I put on there just because I felt obligated due to mad skills/he plays for the US haha. I'm going to put my entire list up (and if anyone ever reads this blog they should look up EVERY SINGLE one of these guys)... but I'm only going to put pictures of a few favorites. I might add that I tried to pick at least one guy from each team, except I think one team got left out. Maybe I'm being too picky, but here's how it happened:

WORLD CUP HOTTIES 2010


Group A

Uruguay

-Diego Lugano

-Sebastian Abreu

-Sebastian Fernandez

Mexico

-Francisco Rodriguez

South Africa

-Tsepo Masilela

-Thanduyise Khuboni

France

-Yoann Gourcuff


Group B

Argentina

-Sergio Aguero

-Mariano Andujar

South Korea

-Kim Jae Sung

Greece

-Nikos Spiropoulos

Nigeria

-Danny Shittu

-John Utaka


Group C

USA

-Carlos Bocanegra

-Landon Donovan

-Benny Feilhaber

England

-Gareth Barry

Slovenia

-Dalibor Stevanovic

-Matej Mavric

Algeria

-Rais M’Bolhi


Group D

Ghana

-Kevin Prince Boateng

Germany

-Mario Gomez

-Piotr Trochowski

-Holger Badstuber

Serbia

-Ivan Obradovic

Australia

-Lucas Neill


Group E

Netherlands (Holland)

-Ibrahim Afellay

-Michel Vorm

Japan

-Keisuke Honda

-Yuji Nakazawa

Denmark

-Thomas Sorensen

Cameroon


Group F

Paraguay

-Roque Santa Cruz

Italy

-Fabio Cannavaro

New Zealand

-Andy Barron

-Tommy Smith

Slovakia

-Stanislav Sestak

-Erik Jendrisek


Group G

Brazil

-Kaka

-Thiago Silva

-Julio Baptista

-Nilmar

Portugal

-Cristiano Ronaldo

-Deco

-Daniel Fernandes

Ivory Coast

-Guy Demel

North Korea

-Ri Kwang Hyok


Group H

Chile

-Mark Gonzales

Spain

-Iker Casillas

-Fernando Torres

-Victor Valdes

-Fernando Llorente

-Jesus Navas

Switzerland

-Mario Eggimann

-Eren Derdiyok

Honduras

-Noel Valladares



Now that I think about it, this was really hard to do. Not that I'm complaining about looking at sweaty, smoldering bodies for hours on end, but it's hard to make a list of hotties that encompasses everyone's tastes. Actually, if that was the case, I probably would have listed every player on every roster. I'm sure someone sees something in all of them. But I did the best I could with what pictures and videos can show me, and spent about 5 minutes considering who off my list I'd keep on there if I got the chance to meet all of them. I have to admit that some of them might be too skinny. I'm not normally attracted to someone who's 5'7" 140 even if he has a jaw and cheekbones to die for. Like I say, I did my best. And I'm really starting to feel bad about that one country I gave the shaft. I remember them all having crazy hair. That's distracting, and I think it was about 2:30 AM when I was checking them out. Maybe I'll try again later.


Here's my favorites...



Mario Eggimann

Fernando Llorente

Victor Valdes

Fernando Torres

Iker Casillas

Deco

Cristiano Ronaldo

Nilmar

Julio Baptista

Fabio Cannavaro

Roque Santa Cruz

Yuji Nakazawa

Benny Feilhaber

Yoann Gourcuff



And for kicks...


David Beckham

(who totally should be unhurt and STILL playing in this World Cup. Because Rooney and Company needed a hand)


Nacho Figueras (Polo player and Ralph Lauren model. To remind us all that there are other sports, other athletes, and other beautiful men.)


Oops, one more soccer player! This one's Greek. And he's the reason none of the other handsome men listed or pictured above matter at all to me. He's my guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment