Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm Rambling (And I love insights into souls)

There are 2 reasons that I have started to blog. The first is because I am obsessed with reading others' blogs...and their Facebooks, Wikipedias, etc. etc. I love stalking, you could say. (With my luck, one day I'll get into some sort of pickle where they uncover this blog from blank years ago and take that last sentence straight out of context to prove that I've always "loved stalking"...well, bah humbug. Not in that sense!) And by that I mean that I love history and facts and information and IMAGINATION. I love dates, and really detailed personal stories and 1,001 insights into anyone's soul, basically. For example: I'm the type to have a friend mention someone new they met and thought was really great so I will dare to friend request them on Facebook so that I can take a gander at their profile and then imagine the kind of person they must be. And that's it. It is, I imagine, similar to if one person meeting and making small talk with another was set up interview style, just to get the hard facts and that's all and be done with it. Name? Addison. Middle name? Claire. Favorite color? Turquoise. Birthday? April 28th. Siblings? 2 little brothers, Saul and Sam. Pets? Turtle, Benny; pony, Francis; beta fish, Fish. And so on. I do not know why, but I have always been fascinated with other people. Where they've been, what made them the way that they are, where they're going...the people they're connected to...and then simply questions like might be listed on some celebrity's personal site about favorite colors etc. etc. Case in point, I recently started watching Pretty Little Liars with my mom and dad. I could only make it through 2 episodes without HAVING to know how old each of the girls in it was. There are 4 main characters who are tangled up in the details of how their fifth friend died. There are 2 or 3 other girls, all supposedly the same age, involved in the storyline as well. I'm glad that I checked. I got a little background on all of the actresses and found out that the youngest is 14 and the oldest is 31. And they're all supposed to be the same age. Now, to me... THAT'S AWESOME. But then again, my friends know I've got some weird complex about age. I love knowing birthdays, and hoping that I'm the older one. I usually am, but I've had to grin and bare it when I'm around some people who are randomly and for NO GOOD REASON (haha) a month or two older. I remember dates. Not all dates, but many of them, and some that nothing important really happened on either. Important ones, however, really stand out. I can tell you the date of my first kiss, when my first boyfriend and I started "going out" and then broke up ...same with my second boyfriend. And, for a while, I could tell you the dates that I had my first kiss with however many boys I have kissed until I had my last first kiss and decided to try my very best to forget the others. I have succeeded in forgetting more than half. I remember the day that I met my best friend when we were 4. I celebrate all of my pets' (3 dogs and a horse) birthdays, even after they've passed. I remember the date I got accepted to college, the date that the classes 2004-2007 graduated high school, the date I got my hair cut and wore this turquoise and orange thing to a laser show, and the date that I last barfed. And the date I last barfed before that (these dates are significant to me, strange as it sounds.) I love facts about all of the people I meet. Some more than others, but for the most part, I'm just totally interested. This all segues very well into the second reason I am blogging.
I'm doing it because I am also fascinated with facts about myself. This isn't intended to be selfish or narcissistic, although I'm sure it fits into that category after all. The thing is, I don't always feel that I know myself very well, and it's great for me to vent or talk it out and explain myself to myself. So, more often than not, at least for a while, I'll probably ramble and blah blah blah about whatever. I think it will get better. I will not always have the need to record every axon, dendrite, synapse, neurotransmitter explosion about my issues (Lord, help me), but I'm not going to be in denial about it either. And, for starters, who but I reads this blog right now? I think I'll try to put up with myself.

Back to other peoples blogs:
I love to find or "Stumble Upon" random blogs online. After I find one, I see whose blogs they are following and click on and on until something really catches my eye or I read something that grabs my attention and then I read and read and read until I am forced to click "follow" and check back every day for updates on the life of a stranger. (Aside: Since I am a self-diagnosed over-thinker, I have considered that I read stories of the lives of strangers because I am too frightened to risk living my own. I'm not sure if I just love to read about others' adventures or whether I am trying to live vicariously. The jury is out.) Lately, I found a blog, or blob, rather, that I LOVE. Before I get too far into describing the blog, though, I'm going to tell how I found it. Long story real short: I have friends who have friends and these friends appear in pictures or wall posts or what have you on my Facebook news feed all the time. One particular girl I have seen on campus and all over the place because we have about 97 mutual friends, so I clicked to her Facebook page and saw almost immediately that she had a blog listed under her website. Since I'm a blog reader I clicked over and checked it out. I loved reading her blog, and saw that there were others who had found her blog and commented as well. Other strangers who enjoyed reading what she offered. I decided to go on a blogventure and clicked onto another blog from the list of blogs followed. That took me to a blog that was the best kind of blog (or at least I was getting warmer...) where the blogger is experienced, and able to write about the kinds of things that offer insights into the soul as well as engage the reader. I loved. The blogger reminded me of myself, as well, because she opened up about her worries and issues not to be a Debbie Downer, but for the sake of interest and honesty. She mentioned how there were other people she admired, and wondered to herself why she couldn't be more this like whoever or more that like whoever... and she included the links for clicking onto these other blogger's blogs so that her readers could see exactly what she meant. The first two didn't get me too excited. I think one was a blog about cooking (which I like, and steal recipes from, but can't really get into) and the other was about sewing (which looked really cool, but, again...couldn't get into it), but the third link absolutely hit the jackpot. It was the best blog, NO! blob that I have ever read. And I call it a "blob" because that is how the owner refers to it. Strangely, I feel awkward explaining away about someone's blob who I have never met, so I can't bring myself to go into too much detail. But I will say that she (yes, she) is very honest, witty, fashionable, and REAL. She oozes realness. She looks like a doll (no, really, she looks like a perfect porcelain doll with great clothes and hair) and like she would have a perfect life, but explains her struggles and simplicities with such grace that her "problems" start to look good!? Or, really, they start to look like they are not problems, but just things, and they're okay because she's so good at going with the flow and living vibrantly that it doesn't matter what happens, she's still glowing. Today's insight into her soul? She was running a race and puked all over the people running around her. Sounds graceful and heartwarming doesn't it? But if you ever have the pleasure of bumping into her blob, you'll see what I mean. Makes you want to roll with the punches. And then blob about it.

Upcoming topics:
World Cup Hotties (prepare to DROOOOOOOOL!)
and Problem Child

No comments:

Post a Comment